Recipes

Monday 23 February 2015

Earthy Smoothy Bowl

    I've been starting seeds indoors these past few weeks. I guess all the handling of soil really got into my food thinking because I made a green and brown smoothie bowl a few days ago. I was going to post it yesterday, but I spent all my evening handling soil. 

     The green and brown were supposed to be layered. The last layer was supposed to be brown with green patterning on top. I didn't have enough brown so I got annoyed and just swirled the mixture with a spoon. Then this happened so I'm going to live with it, and enjoy it. The bowl did not turn out too ugly after I mixed it. In fact, I quite like it. 


Chocolate Layer:
1/4 cup oats soaked overnight in enough liquid( almond mylk or water) to cover it over about half inch 
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 banana
1/4-1/2 cup almond mylk

Blend all the ingredients together. The amount of almond mylk you use will vary depending on how thick you like your smoothies.


Green Layer:
1/4-1/2 cup packed spinach( I just grabbed a  handful)
1/4 cup almond mylk
1 banana

Blend the spinach and almond mylk together.
Blend in the bananas. 


Combine the green layer and chocolate layer together however you like!



-you can sub any type of mylk, milk or water you like( except water from plastic bottles, Let's not kill the planet)















No comments:

Post a Comment