Recipes

Friday 23 January 2015

Bowl of Goodness

       


       Today is going great so far. I had a Science exam, and it was easy. After the exam, I came home and made some chocolate pancakes. Then I did a workout with a total of more than 50 push-ups. I hope my arms and shoulders are sore tomorrow since it's rest day tomorrow. I'll only do yoga and some easy exercises. I feel so accomplished, and it's so nice and sunny outside. I have nothing left to study since I only have an English exam left( next week), and it's a 1 minute presentation. For lunch I had this really tasty bowl of fresh food, and some bread that tasted really, really, really, REALLY bad. I bought it because I had no more bread in my house, and it was on sale. It tastes dry and really bad.



Also, I'm making a cookbook for my friend for Christmas. I know I'm really late, but my original plan backfired. I also needed more recipes. I'm done making the cookbook. I just need to proofread it and order it( and wait for it to come). I'm actually supposed to be proofreading it right now, but I got distracted by playing Duolingo and this.


Later today I will do some housecleaning and yoga. I wish it was warmer so I can take Keesha out for a walk.



This recipe reminds me of Nourishment Bowls. I made this as an improv with slightly different ingredients yesterday. Yesterday was a vegetarian day, but today I can eat meat.



2 large handfuls or 1 cup Leafy Greens( I used arugula and baby kale)
3-5 tbsp Shredded/Grated Carrot
a handful of Cherry Tomatoes
1-3 tbsp Frozen Blueberries
1/4 Sweet Potato ( I'm saving the rest for dinner)
1-2 tbsp Chicken ( I cooked mine in the oven)
1 tbsp Hummus
1tsp Ground Flax
1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
a pinch of Black Pepper
a pinch of Dried Herbs
-Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Vinaigrette

Combine everything together
Enjoy!



*I eyeballed the ingredients, but I included approximate measurements
*You can sub Tofu instead of Chicken for a Vegan option
*You can sub Boiled Egg instsead of Chicken too

No comments:

Post a Comment